THIS IS YOUR MOVIE WITHOUT VISUAL EFFECTS
(Talking points posted by VFX Soldier)
Many VFX facilities have been forced to move or have gone out of business because of underbidding exacerbated by government subsidies that drastically distort the price of VFX.
- Last year, the province of British Columbia spent $437 Million to subsidize film production.
- For every $100 paid to a BC VFX worker, the government pays $60 back to the studio. This is not a tax credit, it goes beyond the tax liability. It’s free money for rich US Studios.
- Subsidies violate many international trade agreements and we have hired counsel to challenge them.
- Every impartial study on film subsidies has shown that they do not pay for themselves.
- No matter how successful or efficient our work is, we are ultimately at the mercy of the next government willing to distort prices and put the companies we work for out of business.
- We want to end the race to the bottom so we can compete on a level playing field and begin the race to the top.
save movie magic
- tkot reblogged this from helms-deep
- drawing-bored likes this
- confusedfriendliness likes this
- una-runner reblogged this from sarageralds
- rindsey reblogged this from sarageralds
- shapeform likes this
- breadandbutternyc likes this
- subs1sting likes this
- hitodamacraft reblogged this from tskyli and added:
- junopsis likes this
- positive-rate likes this
- childofrainydays likes this
- stormbringer-tsuki likes this
- shinjuku-ikari reblogged this from tskyli
- sullensniper reblogged this from tskyli
- herblondness likes this
- tskyli reblogged this from sarageralds
- helms-deep reblogged this from sarageralds and added:
- helms-deep likes this
- sarageralds posted this